With the growth of the Australian nut industry, and as people become more health conscious, the interest in nuts and nut products has never been greater. Hazelnuts make a tasty and nutritious snack and are incorporated into a wide range of hazelnut products.
The list of recipes incorporating hazelnuts and hazelnut products is virtually endless. Sites listed below are amongst the best we could find that feature hazelnut recipes.
- Chocolate Hazelnut Spread Recipe
- Lamb Cutlets with Potato, Hazelnut and Rocket
- Hazelnut Milk
- Hazelnut Recipe Sites
- 150 gams (1 cup) of hazelnuts. (If they can be purchased blanched it will save removing the skins later)
- 1/4 cup of hazelnut oil (or canola oil if you don’t have hazelnut oil)
- 1/2 cup of icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1/4 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- Roast hazelnuts in a pre-heated oven (275F) for 15-20 minutes. They will be ready when they are a light brown.
- Remove the hazelnuts and allow to cool a little before removing the skins with coarse cloth or kitchen towel.
- Blend the skinned hazelnuts in a food processor until smooth. This will probably require scraping down the sides a few times during the process. Blending will probably take around 5 minutes.
- Add the icing sugar, cocoa powder, oil and honey and blend until smooth. During this process add a little icing sugar to taste and a little oil to reach required consistency.
Store in a refrigerator after the spread reaches room temperature.
Thank you for putting the Hazelnut Chocolate Spread Recipe on your website. Do you realize that there is an omission in the instructions for making it? Cocoa powder is listed in the ingredients, but not mentioned again in the instructions! (I am assuming that it probably is added with the icing sugar and oil, at that stage of the process, but haven’t tried the recipe yet to see if it works like that).
|12 chat potatoes, cut into 1cm thick slices
1 bunch asparagus, trimmed (7 medium spears)
8 medium lamb cutlets, trimmed of all fat
1 teaspoon ground smokey paprika
1/2 cup roughly chopped hazelnuts, toasted
75g baby rocket
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
2 teaspoons wholegrain mustard
Olive oil spray
1 tablespoon olive oil
Steam or boil the potatoes until tender. Repeat with asparagus and set both aside.
Nutrient content per serve
Source: Nuts for Life www.nutsforlife.com.au
Hazelnut Recipe Sites
- Consumer Recipes (Hazelnut Council)
- Hazelnut and Filbert Recipes (Homecooking)
- Hazelnut Recipes (Hazelnut Growers of Australia)
- Hazelnut Recipes (All Recipes)
- Hazelnut Recipes
- Nuts for Life
- Recipes Using Hazelnuts (BBC)